Windows Media Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippy2

Can anyone please help with this issue??

I have Windows Media Centre installed on my Pc and decided to buy an Epson RX 560 printer.

When installing the software the printer connection is sought and isnt found so an error is placed in device manager.

Does anyone know of a conflict with this OS and printer please????

Chippy2

Keep in mind that the Epson RX 560 (RX-500-RX580) is a very high failure printer that Epson does not support after the warranty expires. Your detection error is typical of that failure. There is not fix in the US, although Epson England had a fix the last time I checked.
Since this is new, be sure to talk to Epson tech support to get a replacement right away if you continue to have troubles.
Otherwise, this is usually this is a USB cable error. Remove all evidence of the original software install, including RegClean to remove Epson entries from the Registry.
Borrow or replace the USB 2.0 cable, not the 1.1. Then, reboot, and reinstall Epson with the printer off and the cable disconnected, until the Epson install asks for the USB connection.
You might also check the Epson web site. That series of printers has drivers available that were updated between September 21, 2006 and December 15, 2006. In come cases the improved drivers help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back