windows media player 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, just installed a fresh copy of windows xp and windows media player 10.

The problem I am expiering is when i go to a website that has a music video in it, the video goes to full screen and totally locks out all the controls. I press alt+enter.. alt 1, esc, alt f4, the windows key... i press everything and nothing works. i see no mouse cursor.. i have to some out move the mouse without looking and try to magically click on something to bring it's attention to the front.. so the video is moved to the back. This is really bizarre and never seen anything like it, only on this computer.

It's a Sony pcv-rs620G p4 3gz 521mb pc-3200 ram 160gb HD 16x dvd rom / burner ati radeon 9200 128mb giga pocket mpeg2 encoder / tv tuner network card modem multimedia card readers any help is much appreciated. thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

In Windows media player click on tools and select options, then the performance tab, and click on the advanced button in the video acceleration panel. Make sure to enable the full screen mode switch, and click ok.

I`m not sure if this will work but it`s worth a try.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

yup, i tried that. didn't work. I just don't understand why it's locking out the keyboard and mouse. it's soooo annoying! :(

i even set view to 50% in the options. i been through options like 5 times now..

ya i tried that, i went to remove windows components and uninstalled it, and still had the same problem. So i just reinstalled it... maybe has to do with something hardare? like the mpeg decoder card or something? Cause i have done many fresh installs but this particular computer is the only one i've seen this happen on...

Just been checking a few things. The keyboard control for full screen is Alt and Enter keys. This should put WMP into or out of full screen mode.

If that doesn`t work then I don`t really have any other suggestions other than to try using a different media player.

Regards Howard. :confused:

yup tried every key on the board, all shortcuts listed in windows media player an nothing.

i just got off live chat with sony and they said there has been an issue in the past about this going to full screen mode, and they said to fix this unplug one of the LCD connectors on the video card. Because both digital and analog are plugged in at the moment. This sound reasonable? i can't test it yet cause it's my friend computer.

Deffinitely sounds like it`s worth a try.

When you do please will you let us know the results for future reference?

Regards and good luck Howard :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back