Audio Windows MP not playing video, only sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

djackson84

Hi. I recently had to reinstall Windows XP pro on my computer due to a virus, and now my Media Player (version 11) can only play audio, not video. I don't have this problem with online videos that are downloaded and what not, just DVD's I try to play. It gets all their info and audio, but no picture. I've tried Divx, and some other things, but nothing's helped. Any advice?

djackson84

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I installed that, but nothing seems to happen. I want Windows to work. That's the one I prefer. It always has before.

DjKraid

what graphics card do u have? -I once had the same problem with nvidia 6200 gt tdh, I installed the drivers from the cd and when I opend a video the CPU went to 99-100% and I couldn't c anything but a black "screen"...

So try to download the newest drivers and reinstall them, that solved my problem back then...

Ultiweap

First of all updates all your Drivers on your PC priority to Graphic card.

A simple test also try a game on your PC to know if the problem is the graphic card or not

djackson84

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks a lot guys! This was actually solved through a link I got in another forum, but everything is fine now. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.