Windows on Mac, Mac OS not on PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

I still, to this day, wonder how PC users can't use the Mac OS; especially since Apple is now using Intel Chips for pretty much (if not) all of their products. How can you put an X86-Compatible OS on a Mac, yet you can't put a ### (whatever mac is ;) ) on a pc?

Apple makes their money selling their computers not their OS (not counting iPods). So that is a big reason they don't allow it to run on regular boxes that lots of people have Windows on. There also is no protection on the OS no 'activation' or serial number...

Also, it would be an impossible task to make OS X run with Apple reliability on all (or even most of) the PC hardware out there.

Okay, thank you :wave: ! I think I stand for a lot of people (I know) when I say that I was confused :suspiciou !

Mac Hacks Allow OS X on PCs
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,68501,00.html

Now the hacked version of OSx86 is running on Dell laptops and other PCs with Intel and AMD microprocessors.

"Mileage varies depending on what kind of hardware you're using, but it (OSx86) is working on several PCs," said "Mashugly," a college student majoring in communications who manages the OSx86 Project, a community of developers interested in the new operating system.

No one knows exactly why OSx86 appears to be running faster on the PCs than the Mac OS does on today's Macs.

Of course, such a thing is certainly against Apple's wishes and probably protected against in the EULA, which makes this 'underground' stuff. ;)

And if after all of this it still isn't clear enough - the reason a lot of people can't/don't do it is because your buddies at Apple don't want it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back