Windows problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmoneyjackson

everytime i start up my comp it runs really slow. when i pull up the task manager and go under porcesses their all at 0. does anyone know how to re-install windows for a dell, and make it so its like brand new?

If you dont mind losing all your data (i.e. a total, fresh re-install) your Dell should have a set of "Recovery" CD's included with it. You can perform a fresh re-install with these. Just be sure you have your product key handy (usually on a sticker on the back of the Dell) just in case you need it for re-activation.

Also, many dell pc's have a recovery mode accesible from the boot screens. Often its f10, but check to be sure. This recov process usually doesnt require cd's. Did you receive product cd's with your dell, or was it just an install of windows and no cd's? If that the case, you will have to look at possibly buying a copy (if there's no recovery progs), or maybe look at uninstalling stuff, cleaning up the registry.

I am sure you already tried this but how about the easy stuff, like defraging your drive(s), double checking that you have at least a gig free on your HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back