Windows Updates won't Update

Doctor Gallop

I keep getting a notice that there are 10 windows updates waiting to be installed.
They seem to download okay and then go through the process of installing.
But then I keep getting a notice that nothing was installed because of an error.
Tried to follow the instructions in Microsoft Troubleshooter and even tried using the "Fix It Tool' but nothing helps.
3 days ago I downloaded Firefox Browser and Microsoft Essentials.....could they be part of the problem?
I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
Images attached.

Attachments

• Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 5
Thank you Cobalt006, but I am not sharp minded enough to attempt fixing the problem after reading the instructions for fixing the problem links you suggested.
I guess I'm stuck.

Do you have a windows repair disk. If so try using it. You should be able to make one threw your OS. If I remember right. You should be able to make the disk threw recovery on the start menu. It been a while sense I have used win7. Hopefully someone here can jump in and help you out.

Cobalt006, I did what you suggested, went to the start menu, clicked on "Create a Repair Disc", inserted a blank CD, followed the prompts and it created a CD for me.
[image attached]
LOL... I hate to sound like a dumb blonde, but what do I do now?

Untitled 1.jpg

You will need to set your bios to boot from CD. If it dose not all ready. This cd will boot up when you start your computer. It will then run repairs on your computer.

Okay, now please bare with me, I'm slow to understand....With the CD in the drive, I can restart my computer, and there will be step by step prompts that a "non computer rocket scientist" can easily follow?

Okay, now please bare with me, I'm slow to understand....With the CD in the drive, I can restart my computer, and there will be step by step prompts that a "non computer rocket scientist" can easily follow?
I'm not a rocket scientist either :), but if I remember correctly, put CD in,SHUT it down, wait a few seconds & start it up. It should boot from the CD & I believe it will tell you what to do. Good luck. :)

Yes it will tell you what to do. Learnmypc is the one who will better no. He at this time is running win 7. As I stated before it been a couple of years sense I have ran win 7. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

One more question before I attempt this. [ even my hands are sweating], Will I lose any of my data like docs and images and video's ?

The cd you just made is a repair cd. You should not loose any data. It will repair your system files for you.

Date and time are correct.
I just now, since running the repair cd, shutdown the computer and started it up again so as to try one more time the Windows updates;
Now, instead of the usual 8 or 9 downloads it says there is only 1 [image attached].
Strange eh?
Untitled 1.jpg

I will run the Malwarebytes right away.
Note:...Since my last posting saying there was only 1 windows update download showing.
As I shutdown the computer again, the screen said it was downloading 8 windows updates before shutting down. But when I turned it back on, they had "failed" again.

I will run the Malwarebytes right away.
Note:...Since my last posting saying there was only 1 windows update download showing.
As I shutdown the computer again, the screen said it was downloading 8 windows updates before shutting down. But when I turned it back on, they had "failed" again.
Is your copy of windows genuine? You might try the link I previously posted to see if it is.

Back