Windows updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deer Dance14

I was just wondering if the constant and annoying windows updates that supposedely protect against computer hackeres and the such are worth downloading and installing,
thanks for your input

Well, if you think its a waste of your time, don't download them, thats your choice. But most of those critical updates are "critical" for a reason. Just ask a few of the prople who were affected by MS Blast and its variants.

Personally, I wish everyone would patch their machines and clean them of the infestation, that way they'd stop annoying me by filling my firewall logs with constant banging on my ports.

They don't always work like they should and they don't always do a WHOLE lot, but there are certain, very important patches I would recmmend downloading.

The one for MSBLAST is one of them. ;)

I don't see why you wouldn't want to keep your computer updated, unless you are on dialup and don't want to waste your bandwidth, but in that case, I'd just let it run at night while I'm sleeping.

But of course if you are already determined not to update, then don't worry about it.

I always update as soon as one is out. I must admit, that there have been one or two that I wish I hadn't downloaded, but in general, I haven't had any problems. Haven't had any problems with the Blaster Worm either.

As Storm said, I too, wish everybody had downloaded the Blaster update. My firewall gets constant hits and even my ISP was down last week for almost 24 hours because of this worm, and it's one of the major ISP's in the US. You would think they would have been protected by now.

Also very important to keep your anti-virus and firewall updated regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back