Windows Vista 64 Corrupted after computer has been turned off a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
This is my first post I thought I'd try posting to see if anyone out there has encountered the same problems I"m dealing with.

Following Computer specs:
AMD X2 4600+
Nvidia 8800GTS 320mb
5 gigs Ram CAS 3 rating
Western digital Caviar HD at 250 Gigs
O/S: Windows Vista 64bit addition
Motherboard: ECS NFORCE4M-A (V1.1)

I have had to reinstall vista twice already (reformat) due to the problems I'm having. It seems the computer will do fine during a fresh install but after while the O/S becomes corrupted and I start getting blue screens or Windows Vista 64 will not load up properly. I cannot access certain applications, or part of my GUI is missing etc... The problem seems to occur after I cease running my computer for awhile. Meaning as soon as I turn it off and resume use the next day It starts crashing during boot up. Once I get it started and keep it running it'll run just fine.

Note: I think the crashing during boot is corrupting valuable files that cause the OS to later not boot at all. :(

I have ran the built in window's memory test twice, the standard test and the extended both passed. I also ran the western digital Lifeguard disk check in extended mode twice and it passed.

I have been leaning toward hard Disk failure, I have not completely ruled this out. As to the fact the Hard disk has passed certain test.
I just have a devil in my computer and it will not leave.:evil:

Any advice is welcome, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back