Windows Vista 64 or Windows XP 32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmutz

Some of you may have seen my other thread here:

I am upgrading my pc, and in this thread would like to focus the discussion on what the advantages and disadvantages are of Windows XP 32Bit and Windows Vista 64.

I am primarily looking for the best possible performance in After Effects. Also, I will also be doing a lot of 3d work and playing games. My current plan of action is to stick with Windows XP 32bit until I choose to upgrade to 4GB RAM, then move onto Windows Vista 64bit (and I'm sure in the time that takes even more small bugs/stability issues in Vista will be ironed out)

What do you guys think? Ideally I'd like to upgrade to Vista 64 as soon as I build my new pc, but I would like to understand what affect that will have on the software I'll be using before doing so

Thanks

Schmutz

Windows XP x32 supports 4G of memory. It runs better on games and program, which vista isn't. Vista takes too much spaces due to lot of stupid programs or generic driver ( MS driver) that we don't needs.

My advice, stay on Windows xp, because you will be only being thankful to staying on XP.

Regards Lucan

But with Windows XP (32-bit) you cannot use 4GB of Ram. Either get the 64-bit version of said OS or get that Windows Vista 64-bit.

Thanks. Seeing as I do not plan to use 4GB of memory immediately I see the best option is to stick with 32bit for the time being. Does anyone know where I can find performance analysis of programs like After Effects under different operating systems/processors/RAM? That would be really useful

You can try Everest Corporation or SiSoft Sandra Lite.

You may pick up the windows xp x64 if you wishes to use 4GB memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back