Windows Vista Asus Recovery, how can I fix mbr without cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukasuzu

Sup people
When I insert the cd into the cd-rom, the recovery one, it doesn't show the repair then command line. It shows Asus recovery. I can only do recovery, and no repair, option appears any help to get back to normal?, how can I fix mbr without the recovery cd? on Vista?
My computer is Asus G1S Vista SP1

How can I get it back to normal so it shows repair and other option

How can I get it back to normal so it shows repair and other options, when I insert the cd

Good point
MS made this excellent Fix Master Boot Record, but how do you do that with the Asus Recovery CD?

As I don't have your Recovery CD, I don't know if by pressing the Recovery, what it actually does (ie wipe clean?)
You should confirm with Asus what this disc will do
And ideally reply back with the results

yeah it just wipes it clean

yeah it just wipes it clean
Recover with 2 partions recovery with 1 partition
entire hardrive no more options
I think it is ems enabled, maybe that's why?

I found a solution

Here is my solution
Here is the link then
Download MbrFix Here
It will lead you to the website, it is on the right bottom the link, where the rating is, the stars.
Run cmd as administrator and go to where you download the MbrFix in comand line "cmd". Type in and hit enter

Code:
MbrFix /drive 0 fixmbr /vista and press y on the keyboard!!!!!

Or borrow a Windows VISTA Premium disc to run the repair.
Or use another hard drive in a USB external enclosure to copy all your data, then use the ASUS disk to wipe and restore the Windows VISTA system, then rescue the data from the USB external enclosure.
It is easier to buy a new hard drive, if your data is valuable. Install the new hard drive, then resuce the data from the problem drive... because finding some files are difficult unless you know where the data is stored.

Yeah borrowing works to :)

Yeah borrowing works to :)
Its even better I guess :D
I had to do alot of research to figure this out. The mbrifx program.

yeah thats the one

Hey kimsland thats the one I already included the url my other reply here, but thnx :)

to fix external drive

Code:
MbrFix /drive 1 fixmbr /yes
MbrFix /drive 1 listpartitions
But rembmer to download mbrfix there is a link in this topic
Choose different number in partitionlist until you see the drive you want to fix

Rembmer thought

Code:
Remember to go into to the folder of fixmbr,  then right click fixmbr and click properties and then select empty box and check mark it run as administrator. Do the same for show all users. Do the same for 64bit version!
This is for vista only, for xp you don't have to do run as administrator but for vista you do
You have to do this for vista, or you get disk error :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back