Windows will not recognize newly inserted disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am having a problem with my NEC 1300A DVDR drive. For some reason it isn't updating the TOC of discs that I put into the drive. I will have to open and close the drive door numerous times before it will update the table of contents inside of Windows Explorer. In the meantime it will display the TOC of a disc that I took out a long time ago and will still allow me to open up files from a disc that isn't even in the drive. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Hunter

what version of windows are you running? when is the last ttime you ran a scan disk or defrag? do you have more then one cdrom drive on your system? does the 2nd drive have the same problem?

Windows XP SP2 RC1

I run defrag every night. Only one CDROM drive.

I hit F5 and nothing changes. I have to reinsert the disc 3 times before the TOC changes. I think I may have fixed it though. I had Alcohol installed and it created a virtual drive. Once I removed that program my problems stopped for now.

-Hunter

I have seen this problem before on my computer WinXP Pro. I also think I've seen it happen before when I was using Windows 98 or ME, but that was so long ago I don't quite remember.
Never found a fix, and it doesn't seem to happen in XP anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back