Windows won`t start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiy21

My laptop has serious problems! It was working fine up until last night when it suddenly crashed (I had been using the internet and was last on the ebay site). When I try to reboot, the system goes straight to setup with the following message: We apologise for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this. If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked. If a previous start up attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed. or if you aren't sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last known configuration (last known settings)
Start Windows Normally

I have attempted to select each of the menu choices above but none of them work, the system starts running windows then I get a blue screen and it crashes and goes through the same process again!

I have Comodo Firewall, AVG antivirus & AVG spyware on my machine.

Please can anyone help me??

Find an original install disk for Windows.. make sure it is for the version (with service packs) that you are running...
Then boot from CD and use the Repair function (not repair console) to fix the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back