Windows wont recognise graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you provide a little more detail. Which motherboard? Which video card? Which OS? Is this a new build? Is this a replacement video card?

motherboard-MSI km4m-v
graphic card- geforce 6200, agp 8x, 256mb
O.S.-windows xp
i've had the comp for a year and a half. I've only changed the graphic card. I had a different graphic card but had teh same problem with that as well.

When you say won't reconize do you mean windows does not see the card at all, are you getting a display at all? Or are you just getting the default card driver. Because if windows doesn't reconize the card but you get a display on your screen than its probally a driver problem, in which case down load the most current drivers or do a little research on the card.

Are you using the correct driver and how did you uninstall the old one and install the new one?

I am getting a picture and able to get a resolution of 2408x1536. because windows wont recognise teh graphics card it wont let me install teh drivers for teh g/c. Saying you dont have teh correct drivers for the graphics card. I uninstalled the old drivers by using add/remover progrms tool and then i serached for the drivers to make sure i deleted tehm.

So you uninstall the old graphics driver and after restarting the PC, it won't let you install the new one at that point?

still the same but i get a very high resolution out teh g/c. reformatted harddrive still teh same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back