Windows XP BCcode issue involving games

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while now I have been having a chronic issue, resulting in an BCcode error message:

BCCode : c4 BCP1 : 00000090 BCP2 : BA338120 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

The issue is that when I run an online game, and I switch over to a more graphics intensive setting (which runs fine, while it works) after a variable amount of time, all of a sudden the display turns black, and shortly after a blue screen appears for a split second(so as that I have no time to read it) and then the computer restarts, and everything is normal.

This doesn't tend to happen as much on a low graphics setting, but still does occasionally happen. Can anyone help me figure out what is causing this?

That error code 0xC4 has to do with drivers. Therefore, do the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Thanks for the reply,

This seems simple enough, however, I'm having some difficulty find my video card driver.
It's an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT, and I cant seem to find it on the AMD website, or anywhere else. If someone knows where to find this, I would greatly appreciate that info.

That's exactly what I did previously, but apparently there are no downloads for the "Windows XP home/professional" or the "Apple Boot Camp Windows XP,"

:/

That sucks especially as they have updated drivers for Win Vista and above.

What the make/model of your notebook? If it came with windows xp, they should have provided the driver on their site/support page.

I found the these older drivers at cnet, I think you can give this a try and see whether that helps.

*Sigh*, another broken DL link.

About the model/make - Its not actually a notebook, either, Its a 20in. iMac running boot camp. The drivers came from a boot camp installation assistant dvd that came with the iMac.

However, another thought that crossed my mind was that this issue I've been having maybe the result of over heating. When I feel the back it's kind of the fry-an-egg-on-the-computer heat.I wouldn't know however, If this BCcode has anything to do with overheating or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back