Windows XP doesn't boot

Mit

I have Windows XP Service Pack 3, since a couple of weeks I can't boot the computer, Windows starts but before complete boot it suddenly restarts and I have to run on safe mode. After booting in safe mode I can restart in normal mode without problems.

In Event Viewer I could find the following error events (sorry but they are in spanish):

Event ID: 7001, Event Source: Service Control Manager

El servicio Cliente DHCP depende del servicio NetBios a través de Tcpip, el cual no pudo iniciarse debido al siguiente error:
Uno de los dispositivos vinculados al sistema no funciona.

================================

El servicio Cliente DNS depende del servicio Controlador de protocolo TCP/IP, el cual no pudo iniciarse debido al siguiente error:

El servicio Ayuda de NetBIOS sobre TCP/IP depende del servicio Entorno de compatibilidad de funciones de red AFD, el cual no pudo iniciarse debido al siguiente error:

El servicio Apple Mobile Device depende del servicio Controlador de protocolo TCP/IP, el cual no pudo iniciarse debido al siguiente error:

El servicio Servicio Bonjour depende del servicio Controlador de protocolo TCP/IP, el cual no pudo iniciarse debido al siguiente error:

El servicio Servicios IPSEC depende del servicio Controlador IPSEC, el cual no pudo iniciarse debido al siguiente error:

Event ID: 7026, Event Source: Service Control Manager

El controlador de inicialización siguiente no se cargó correctamente:
AFD
AmdK8
Fips
IPSec
kl1
klif
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip

Anyone can help?

Hi Mit, even though I understand the Spanish these Event Viewer entries don't mean a lot, what I need to see is the minidump files. Follow this guide to attach them to your next post.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.

Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less than five just zip up what you have).

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

I can't find minidump files. C:\Windows\Minidump is empty and looking for *.dmp files I have no results. Any other idea?

You settings are obviously not set to save the minidumps, follow this and once it has crashed a few more times post the minidumps.

Click on Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Settings button for Startup and Recovery. In the

System Failure box make these settings.

Check > Write an event to the system log.
Check > Automatically restart.
Select > 'Small Memory Dump' in the Write debugging information box.
Small Dump Directory should read %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

Check at the bottom of the box that "Overwrite any existing file" is not checked. If it is you will have to go back

to the "Write debugging indformation" box, change "Small memory dump" to "Complete memory dump" then you can

uncheck the "Overwrite any existing file" box. Then go back and reset "complete memory dump" back to "Small memory

dump". Heaven knows why microsoft designed it that way.

Hit OK, OK again and close the System box.

I've modified my System Failure options but I can't find minidump files after more than three restarts.

Is it actually showing a Blue Screen when it restarts?

Send me a screen shot of the System Failure box.

No, it's not showing a blue screen. It shows Windows start screen and after a few seconds it restarts.

Thaks a lot Mark!

Attachments

• Failure.JPG
    Failure.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 5
Ok,you are not getting a blue screen so there won't be any minidumps but something stuck in the system is causing a reboot, lets try some other checks.

Download and run this clean up tool, it is perfectly safe and will only remove redundant files.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Temp-File-Cleaner.shtml

Run the system file checker as follows.
Click on Start > Run > Type cmd in the Run box and hit Enter. At the Command Prompt type sfc /scannow (you must include the gap before the /) and hit Enter. Let the process run to completion.

Run the disk checker.

1. Click on Start > type cmd in the search box and enter. At that c: prompt, type chkdsk /r exactly as written here with the gap before the slash, then hit Enter.

2.You will then see a message "Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"

Type Y for yes, and press enter. Then reboot the computer into normal mode. Chkdsk will start when Windows begins loading again. Let all 5 phases run and don't use or turn off the computer. (The chkdsk process may take an hour or more to finish.)

3.Chkdsk finds any corrupted files that are causing the problem and fixes them. Read the results of each phase as it finishes. During the final phase, it will notify you if it finds any corrupted files. It also checks for bad blocks on the drive surface.

4.When the Check Disk is done, it will finish loading Windows.

Finally run this. http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Instal...ity_d4459.html Use one of the links below DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS, don't be tempted to run the advertised scan.

Let us know what happens.

sfc /scannow is asking for some files to run Windows, which should be in DLL Cache. It's asking to insert Windows XP SP3 CD, but I haven't that CD since I installed initial Windows XP updating from there. I'll try to get SP3 CD.

No problems found with chkdsk.

Ok, this is good we actually found somehing with sfc /scannow. This means there are some damaged or missing files. You have to use the exact same version of XP that you have installed and it must match the service pack level so it will have to include SP3.

If you can only get a disc that excludes the service packs you will have to uninstall the service packs from the PC and then do an update after the repair. The update would be best left until you are sure it is all ok because if it still has the error you can then run a "Repair Install" from the disc you borrow.

Back