Windows XP from A-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site is pretty cool too, it's one of the secrets to my trouble free computing. http://www.winguides.com/registry/

I expect a flaming for the following but I don't care because it is the truth. I often hear people whine about Windows being crap and all the problems people have with it but rarely do any of them do anything about it other than run to another OS. That is thwe easy way out. Most of those people think they are so cool because they have gotten rid of Windows, the truth is that they have given up. With a little effort and knowledge of how the Registry works, anyone can run Windows as trouble free as I do.

So, clear your schedule for a couple of days, start hacking that registry, then take control and make Windows work like you want it to work.

Originally posted by StormBringer
With a little effort and knowledge of how the Registry works, anyone can run Windows as trouble free as I do.

Yeah but people don't want to spend time hacking windows just to get it working properly, that is why they "run to other OSes", to find a trouble free computer life.

If Windows worked properly, then there would be no need for TweakDB.

Agreed all, but another thing you have to remember is that quite a few people that use windows and don't like aren't computer literate enough to know how to edit the registry.

I agree with you StormBringer, but just gotta remember who most of the people are that use windows, the average human. Only if you know quite a bit about computers do you find people going to other OS'es.

That is the problem Poert, the "average user". These people think that a computer is like their car, they drive their car but they don't know what makes it go, most of them don't even know how to change the oil. They just take it in for servicing once in a while and all is good. Using a computer isn't like that, you have to have some knowledge of how it works or else you are asking for trouble.

The bottom line here is, if you want your Windows OS to be problem free, then learn how to make it that way. Time for whining about problems and whining about not knowing how is over. If you don't know how then it is time to learn something.

Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
Yeah but people don't want to spend time hacking windows just to get it working properly, that is why they "run to other OSes", to find a trouble free computer life.
The other OSes take even more modifications to get them to work the way you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back