Windows XP Home keeeps on rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowhar

Hi to all you techy people,

I installed fresh copy of Win XP on my newly assembled AMD based PC but as soon as system boots up it keeps rebooting.Any help for your new buddy(I hope)

Thanks

Can you get into Safe Mode by pressing F8? If so examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.

Look for Yellow or Red Markings and that will give more definitive answers on where your conficts are. Also, please list your system specs for your new build.

Thanks

Thank You Sir
I will check Event Viewer when I am back at home .My system configuration is AMD Sempron,512 MB RAM, 250 GB SATA HDD(Simtronics)

Hi Route44,

Goodafternoon

I am unable to boot system in Safe Mode. When I press F8 key and choose Safe mode, system displays lists of commands like 'multboot.............' but eventually reboots without loading Windows.

I tried to boot system into safe mode may times but no success. So I am unable to reach/view Event Viewer.

During this process I got an option once after pressing F8 that don't restsart Windows in case of System Failure which I chose and I got blue screen with stop error and hexa address.Unfortunately I didn't note that error thinking to write it later by choosing F8 key agan but now even I can't get same option.

When I turn system on , the Win logo screen appears and before presenting desktop and I get blue screen error.

Thanks for your support,

Regards

Is it possible for you to read the information on that blue screen and write down the error code? What we are looking for in particular is 0x followed by a lot of zeros and ending in a letter, number, or letter and number combinations. Like this (there are other letters than just A; this is for clarity):

0x0000001A

0x0000000A

0x000000EA

0x00000050

0xC000009A

0xC0000135

0xC000021A

* Trust me, there are many combinations. Don't worry about writing all the numbers down because it is the last two or three that are important here.

* Also, many times the blue screen will list a probable cause before this number sequence such as symevent.exe; give us that if you can.

* Does your motherboard give any error code beeps? What is your power supply, i.e., make, model, and wattage?

* If possible move your harddrive to another system that you know is working properly and see if you can access your harddrive and information. We are trying to see if your harddrive is good.

Blue Screen Error Code

Thanks for your concern Route44,

I forgot to mention that the blue screen flashs off in a moment and system restarts immediately. I tried to note error code but error screen goes away too quickly without giving time to note anything.

Route44, this is a brand new 250 GB HDD from Western Digital. Previous one I purchased was also from WD but unfortunately that didn't allow me to install Windows even for the first time . During middle of installation it also used to give blue screen with error like this "Stop.......with hexa addresses. Dumping of physical memory". When I ran Scandisk it showed physical damage(bad sectors).So I replaced that with this new one.

So I assume(I can be wrong.Sir!) that this should not a problem because of HDD.

Regading power supply I am not sure but I can remember that there is a sticker for compatibilty with AMD Processor/Motherboards.Anyways I will tell you the exact make tomorrow.

Regarding beep codes, I get none.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back