Windows XP Home won't install on Dimension 2350

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to re-install Windows XP Home on my friends Dell Dimension 2350. Should be a simple enough task – but no success. The PC was shipped with SP1a, which I’ve been able to load although it struggled through the copying files part of the install. Many attempts to install SP2 failed, so I tried a fresh install with an XP Home SP2 disk that installed but wouldn’t update to SP3. The PC seems possessed. I’ve tried different hard drives, disks, and even different optical drives – this thing just won’t function normally. I’ve considered the fast-moving train resolution, but would rather give my friend back a functioning PC. There doesn’t seem to be a hardware failure. I’m sure someone here can point-out what I’m overlooking to get this thing up-and-running. This system has a P4 - 2.2 GHz, 512MB DDR SDRAM, 40GB WD HDD. Thanks!

why do you say "Windows XP Home won't install on Dimension 2350" ? What happens when you try to install?

Try to reset Bios. It could be lack of power!! What power supply does it contain?

New Computer

Try a new computer. There are ones from Acer with 650 Gigabytes for a good price. Your friend can't complain with that, can he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back