Laptop:
Dell Latitude D600 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1600MH 589MHz
512MB of Ram
Windows XP Pro ver. 2002 Service Pack 2
Fujitsu MHV2060AH Disk Drive
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N DVD/CD-ROM drives

My Problem:

On startup gives me blue screen saying:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer... stop: 0x000000tE (0xC0000005, 0x00000040, 0xEC4D0C7C, 0xEC4D0978)...

It just started back up normally after I was running a diagnostics test for blue screen. I quit the test early b/c it was taking too long and everything worked fine, I would just get an error report saying "windows recovered from a serious error" I sent in the error report a few times, but it keeps coming up... this is a work computer and I don't want it to start giving me the blue screen again when we really need to use it...thanks for any help!

Welcome to TS - just fashionably late. And perhaps you have already solve the problem. If not, then consider Crashes/Reboots in "Guides & Solved Issues".

The events logs sometimes hold clues to problems being experienced with the computer. New software and new hardware often introduce compatability problems that lead to the feared BSOD.

If the general troubleshooting does not lead to a solution, then minidumps associated with the errorcodes displayed as BSOD can be considered. Several contributors still have the knack to decode the minidumps.

There isn't much of anything on the net concerning this particular error. If the guides here that rf6647 don't help get back to us and let us see what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back