Windows XP Tweaking Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was pretty good. I've downloaded a lot of those programs that you suggested. Would another way to alter startup programs to be to open run > type msconfig and go to the startup tab? This feels easier to me, but it might not be as good, I'm not sure.

Also, you say BootVis will speed up the time it takes for a computer to boot. If you type BooVis into the search on the microsoft page, it says:

"Please note that Bootvis.exe is not a tool that will improve boot/resume performance for end users. Contrary to some published reports, Bootvis.exe cannot reduce or alter a system's boot or resume performance. The boot optimization routines invoked by Bootvis.exe are built into Windows XP. These routines run automatically at pre-determined times as part of the normal operation of the operating system."

Well done, good guide

im glad that you liked it, yea you can use msconfig to disable programs, i guess its better in that if u want the program to start up again you can just click it but it is pointless to leave a registry key there if its doing nothing

about bootvis, maybe its my perception but bootup has increased 4 me.... on 3 different computers ive tested it on, maybe its microsofts way of not endorsing the prouct

thanks 4 ur feedback m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back