windowsXP refuses to load...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xain

all of a sudden, my comp froze earlier, so i turned it off then back on, but windows wouldnt load up, it would just stay at the windowsXP loading screen for a bit then restart and repeats the process.

i just dont know what to do and will accept any help if someone has an idea.

thx.

Have you tried booting into safe mode? Then run a disk check and automatically fix errors. If that doesn`t work Post back and I`ll see if I can think of anything else. Also you don`t say what was happening when your sytem froze? Regards Howard:grinthumb

yes, ive been in safe mode with networking for a while now, ive tried running scandisk but it always came up with "its unrecognizable" or somethin like that. ive been lucky enough that everything has worked fine for a while until this problem occured.

Have you looked in device manager to see if there`s any problems with your hardwear? Maybe your hard drive is corrupt if you can`t run scan disk then maybe a reformat is in order.Regards Howard:grinthumb

to run scandisk, go to dos or command prompt and go to the C:\ and type scandisk right?

perhaps if i get a new motherboard, somethin more up to date that will help.

To run scan disk do the following. click start run type cmd this will open a window with the command prompt. At the command prompt type " chkdsk /f " and hit return Without the quotes remember to leave a space in between the chkdsk and / part . It will say can`t check disk now because it`s in use would you like to schedual a disk check the next time you restart yor computer? type y and hit return then type exit and hit return. now reboot your computer. Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back