Wireless cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioVayne

Haha gotta love the contradictive title!

I'm wondering if the wireless antennae cables from various laptops are universal? I have a Compaq Presario 2200 (and if it works a Compaq M2000) that I want to setup Wireless on. I want to know if I can pull the wireless antenna's and cabling from a Compaq C700 and an F500 and install them on my 2 laptops? (If the Wireless PCi cards are compatible, bonus but at this stage I'm going to eye up proper cards).

Cheers

Blair

I remember when I was about 9 or 10, my father took me to the locomotive museum. After viewing the museum, you exit through the souvenir shop. I saw this sign "Dehydraed Steam 25 cents" and there were stacks of these small viles the size of a prescription pill containers. I thought it was really cool as I keen about science. I asked my father if he could buy me one. He and the saleman had a good chuckle and my father handed over a quarter. I didn't understand at the time why they thought it was funny. I looked at it carefully in the car and noticed there were instructions inside the container. When we got home, I quickly opened it and pull out the small paper and close the cap fast so as little of the dehydrated steam would escape. I read the instructions on how to convert it back to steam. It said to get a kettle. Go to the tap, fill it with some water, place it on the stove. Now open the container and pour the contents into the kettle. That's when I learned what the word "dehydrated" meant.

-- Andy

Oh, the "wireless cables" reminding of my "dehydrated steam" experience. Thought I'd share the anecdote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back