wireless connection randomly disconnecting/reconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanGris

My wireless connection seems to randomly disconnect, and then imediatly reconnect, dont have any frequency interference that i know of, any idea what would cause this?

i have client lease time set to a long time, so its not that.

I'm having the same exact issue, no idea what could be causing it right now though. I've tried so many things.

First however you could narrow it down: try running a wired connection briefly and see if the connection still gets interrupted.

not currently possible without moving my pc, and i dont want to go to all that hassle, as i dont think its an issue with the internet connection as i dont have this problem on my other wireless pc.

do you know of any free programs that will monitor/log network connections traffic? or internet traffic to see if i can narrow it down?

get a CMD prompt window and
ping -t $your-isp-name (eg earthlink.com )

there should be a continuous list like
Pinging earthlink.com [209.86.93.211] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 209.86.93.211: bytes=32 time=77ms TTL=241
Reply from 209.86.93.211: bytes=32 time=76ms TTL=241
Reply from 209.86.93.211: bytes=32 time=76ms TTL=241​
if you see something like
Request timed out.
Request timed out.​
the connection was lost

i just upgraded my router firmware, and installed latest wireless card drivers, and havnt had it disconnect yet, but its only been like 2 hours. will repost if my problem reoccurs.

i know how to ping, and thats not what i need, i meant something that will monitor every individual connection, and what its connected to, ports and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back