Wireless connection?

Doctor Gallop

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this question.
I have a desktop PC which is using 'Clear Wireless' as my internet connection.
If I set up another desktop PC in another room.....how do I get it to also use the same wireless connection?
This might sound like a silly question, but when you get my age, your lucky if you can remember what day it is.

"Clear Wireless" appears to be a service of Sprint. and also WiMAX
meaning you don't have a Modem or Router but take your connection directly off the radio waves - - can you confirm?

Then you have two choices for connections
  1. running a wire from the router to the device (like a computer or set-top device for the TV)
  2. a wireless connection
Wireless has two items you need to know
(a) the SSID of your router
(b) the password for that SSID​
For (a), it will be the strongest signal you see and all your devices can access it.
Use the same password for all of them

Just to confirm - your new PC definitely has a wireless network facility onboard? It might come that way (like all tablets and chrome portables do), or it might require you to purchase an additional network adapter. That would either be a card plugged into the motherboard (like a video card), or could be just plugged into any empty USB port.

Then when you get prompted to 'set up' the network, that is when it automatically searches for all available wireless networks, and you will see all your neighbours as well as your own. They will mostly show as 'locked', as should your own, and you will need to select your own network and supply your own password (same as the one you already use).

Back