wireless lan connection timeouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have a wireless lan setup. Everything work well until I connect (ssh or telnet) from a laptop to PCs on the lan. The laptop is a powerbook g4, get to the lan through airport client. PCs are on the network through ethernet cables connected to the router ports.

The problem is that after a few minutes a successful connection was made, the terminal session would freeze. In such a situation, I have to wait for quite a few minutes before making another connection.

There is no such problems between PCs.

What's wrong?

Jun

nugulus said:
Hi,
I have a wireless lan setup. Everything work well until I connect (ssh or telnet) from a laptop to PCs on the lan. The laptop is a powerbook g4, get to the lan through airport client. PCs are on the network through ethernet cables connected to the router ports.

The problem is that after a few minutes a successful connection was made, the terminal session would freeze. In such a situation, I have to wait for quite a few minutes before making another connection.

There is no such problems between PCs.

What's wrong?

Jun

how long does the session remain active? can you issue a few commands to the remote, like DIR /S *? this should create a large result. I guess the session is being terminated by the remote-end. SSH client will report this fact so try it instead of Telnet. (btw: good admins should disable telnet access for security reasons!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back