Wireless mouse/keyboard goes mental. Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so

My internet cable is connected to my Linksys Router, which gives me access to the internet, but the problem is that when I turn the Router on, or plug one end of the cable into it or the computer while its on, the Microsoft Mouse/Keyboard's Reciver goes insane, there is 3 lights on it which dont stop blinking and the mouse and keyboard are rendered useless :(

It also seems that it is pressing " shift " as Sticky keys comes up all the time.

Any help would be nice. Thanks

it could be that your wireless devices have interfearance problems that need be check.i really cant help u tell u which one is better.

It is deff an interference issue to solve this try placing your router on a different channel, also what type of wireless router 802.11g, 802.11b,802.11a
or pre n or n, 5.8 , etc also the make and model of the router and make and model of the keyboard/mouse wireless combo.

Info

Before i try different channels ill let you see what you think

The Router is:

Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway

Model Num: WAG54GS

The Keyboard is:

Microsoft Wireless Multimedia 1.0a

The Mouse is:

Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0a

The Reciver for M/K is:

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Reciver 2.0a

If you dont have anything else ill change the channel on the router.

Leave the router alone.....

The act of "reconnecting" a Microsoft mouse or keyboard is actually changing it's channel. Just push down the button onthe receiver, then push in the black button underneath the mouse or keyboard, wait 'till it stops blinking. I'd move the router away, far as you can. Every body howls about the limited range of Microsoft mice & keyboards, yet when I stumble on to the same channel with 2 systems about 20 feet apart (both MS wireless) 1 click of the mouse will cause the other computer to resume from standby. Too strong a transmitter signal too close to a receiver will "swamp" it, even when they're on different channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back