Wireless network equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, here is my scenario:
I have five different locations, and all five of them are 50 kilometers (mile =1.6 kilometers me thinks) from each other and i need to connect them with each other wirelessly and each of those connections is to be connected to that buildings internal Lan, now i got the internal network figured out, i just have no idea what equipment to use when it comes to wireless
I need:
Wireless equipment
Hardware Firewall
and anything else i may (definately) have forgotten

Nasty issue here.

First, I assume by Wireless you are referring to a satellite connection?
If you just connect to some neighbor's wireless router to get ISP access, you've got even
bigger issues.

The right way to do this is to get an ISP connection for each site {dsl, cable, or satellite}.
Then using a wifi router, the local system get web access.

Then your get systemA-->connection-->systemB using VPN software.

In no case should you attempt Print/File sharing to or from remote systems (ie anything not
connected to your local router)

Ok, I'm in a country called South Africa, I wont go into details about that, but dsl is out of the question. This would have to be an "antanna to antanna" connection, like we did a term on wireless networks, but I'm not sure what I should go with, Patch and panal antanna's wont do, I thought i could go with sector antanna's, but i have no idea how to set that up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back