Wireless network wizard

I am trying to setup a new wireless network using the XP wizard after loading my settings to the usb stick it says plug such into my "network access point" which I assume is my wireless router but no usb connection available. What am I missing?

Chathamjoe

It's meaning plug into a PC on your network already that has an internet connection. However, I'll warn you now... I've never got the "wireless setup wizard" working as it should in Xp. Tell you what... post back your router model, pc model & how it's connecting and what it is exactly you are trying to do. We'll help you get going in the right direction. Hope this helps, take care!

All set. The wizard was confusing, I inserted the USB stick into laptop and it worked.
I have comcast service which feeds my D-Link Wireless N 150 Router. This is hard wired to my Dell Optiflex GX620 computer (XP SP3). I am trying to network (2) latops to it for file and print sharing.
Thanks
Chathamjoe
I had a 2nd post in networking about "aquiring network address" which I made mute by hardwiring. Lazy way out.

Back