wireless router problem....or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreux456

I have a linksys wireless router with 2 dell units accessing it; one is a desktop, the pother a laptop. the desktop keeps getting kicked out, not sure why. I used to reboot the router and that seemed to solve the problem with the desktop but I noticed that the laptop worked fine at the same time, which leads me to beleive that the problem is with the desktop. the next question is, what exactly is the problem if it is the desktop? I'll "clean" the hardrive if necessary, but that leads to the second question: what software is good for that purpose? any recommendations? thanks in advance!

"kicked out" means what? Your router grows a leg and kicks the network cable out of the port?

kicked out...........

means that the desktop isn't accessing the internet anymore. I get the message "cannot find server" or "page has expired". any ideas why?

Is the desktop connected using wires? If it is I would check the connetions. I would also run the laptop side by side and see if they get booted at the same time then it is a router or connection problem. Just trying to narrow it down.

do you have a cordless phone, or any other device that operates on a 2.4 ghz frequency?

has it always happend? or just started? install anything new right before it started happening?

how far away from transmitter is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back