WoW, Vista and the 6600GT nVidia Driver Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAnsiFL

Hope you guys can let me know what I'm doing wrong. I have run the software to make sure my system is ok to run World of Warcraft in Windows Vista, but after about 2 minutes the game locks up and requires a total shutdown. I've tried shutting off all extra programs such as the sidebar, etc and still get the same result. I've even brought the graphics down to the lowest setting and still no change.

My question, based on my hardware, is what driver should I be using with my nVidia 6600GT? I keep trying to download and it's saying I dont have windows running....needless to say I am stumped and getting aggrivated as I have not played Wow since Thursday! ;(

Here's what I have:

HP Pavilion a564n
nVidia 6600GT
2 Gigs of DDR RAM
250 Gig drive (main drive with tons of space)

thanks and please email me if you want. BCJFLA76@(nospam)gmail.com

Same problem here man. I have a dell Dimension 3000 with Vista Home Basic and just installed a 3DFuzion 6200 and am having the same problems when trying to play some games. It freezes, blue screen comes up and either shuts down or restarts. I cant figure it out either.

Hey guys,
Vista is brand new... In the beta stage we saw a lot of hardware incompatibilities. This continues with the retail release of Vista. Until the first Service Pack is released, people will have to try different hardware, and see if it works. You both are at that point. You are going to have to try different video cards. Be sure to look for the Vista ready notation

Thanks

Much appreciate the responses. I hate to think I must go to the dark side...er..ATI, but I'll be damned if I go much longer without my Wow. :)

If anyone comes up with a solution in the meantime, PLEASE feel free to post it here. Thanks!

Brian

You're using the x86 drivers, right? Not the x64?

edit: (assuming you have a 32-bit system)

LoL. Same thing SNGX posted... People have been ignoring him a lot lately. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back