Wrong mapping on Toshiba 1805-S274 keyboard

I fitted a new keyboard purchased on the internet to my Satellite 1805-S274 laptop. It has 86 keys but has "(" above the "8" key as well as other "non standard" Alt and Alt Gr key markings.. When I set up the laptop up as an american keyboard I get a whole load of miss matching e.g:
\ key gives "#", Alt Gr key gives "/", ")" gives "(", the Delete key on same row of keys as the Function keys acts as "Start".

The a-z and lower-case 1-0 keys are fine.

I have tried all the standard language keyboard drivers I could find and tried to remap using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator but this does not allow me to change the non-alphanumeric keys.

I did email the keyboard supplier but they were no help.

Does anyone know how I can get the laptop to match the keyboard layout (other than changing the physical keyboard).

Thanks

Robert

Toshiba 1805-S274 keyboard Number

I did not check before installing as it looked like a standard US keyboard for the 1805-S274 - which the seller (on ebay) claimed - and it fitted physically without any problems.

Regards

Robert

"and it fitted physically without any problems"...

But some keys are marked differently, right? If so, the keyboard processor's coding is wrong for your model Toshiba and there's nothing you can do to "fix" this...

Back