WTF!?!?! £210 on a 6800GT and it has 900MHZ ram?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

I just bought a 6800GT and its defulat memory is 900MHZ instead of 1000MHZ! Whats up with that?

I do not have an LE model either!

Alex

the name brand is the prob go to newegg chech out the different brands like msi saphire etc different companies will set it differently look on newegg put 6800 in search u will see there are 1ghz and 900mhz

Ramdacs have nothing to do with Core &/or memory speeds. A RAMDAC is a Random Access Memory Digital to Analog Converter. It's what converts the digital signal to analog & send it to the VGA output (it's not used if you use the DVI interface).

Im the same too. Ive just bought an XFX 6800GT than runs the Ram at 900Mhz.

There isnt much on the web regarding this, one site says its from a bad batch which memory was clocked down and sold cheap, others say its cause they used cheaper ram to sell it cheaper to dupe people into buying it.

I know its an old thread but I was wondering does anyone else know much about this????

Not much else to know really... companies have been doing this for years. They have their full spec versions which they sell at full price, and then they have the bastardized versions with lower specs that they sell cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back