Xbox LIVE vs. Sony PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattfrompa

After hearing so much about Sony's PSN (through magazines, word of mouth, etc) it made me wonder how the service stacks up against Xbox Live so far. I'm not looking to have people start bashing one or the other, but after researching a bit on my own I thought it may be a good idea to try and gather opinions here. I personally only have Xbox live (of course Id have PSN if I had a PS3, since it's free) and while I do respect and like LIVE alot, hearing about the dedicated servers that are generally used and player per battle amounts that exceed Lives current capabilities. Anyone who has either service I invite to share your experiences, positive or negative.

I have played using both X-box live and the PSN network and I would have to say X-box live would have to be better even if you have to pay. The service and features X-box live has is just simply better and there are way more people to play with through live but that has nothing to do with the performance of Live or PSN so whatever. In all I prefer X-box live over the PSN network.

I prefer PSN only cause i have a PS3 and i don't like the fact that you have to pay with Live. I reckon that is ****. But i havn't really heard many things about Live apart from the fact that you have to pay so i'm guessing it's good. I've had no problem with the PSN, it's been perfect.

I have both and prefer PSN because it's free. I don't understand why I have to pay to play against other people when we both paid for the game. With PC or PS3 games it's completely free. None of us would be willing to pay for any of the services offered by Live if those services were on a PC so why should we have to pay for them on the console?

I will have to point out that there is much more content on live though - and at the moment is appears that they put a lot more work into it when it's running. Don't forget to download your free game starting TOMORROW (Wed)

I personally have not tried PSN but have Xbox Live. While I have had a great experience I am not sure that it is worth the extra money just to play online. I have had it a year now and have not used anything but the ability to play online. I think that should be free!

I have never understood why Microsoft is charging for Xbox live while ps3 and pc is completely free. They are charging for no reason. If sony and pc can afford it free, why Microsoft can't afford it. They are just greedy people and just rip off people.

Hmm well lets see my opinion is not going to be biased.

I own a PS3 and a Elite. I do not have live because I am not inclined to pay for it when I only own 2 360 games. secondly I am not going to pay 100$ for a wifi piece so i can play wirelessly when my PS3 has it all.

Eventually I am sure to become active on XBOX LIVE but not quite yet. That one game has not come out that makes me want to spend 150$ in order to play it at my own free will. I will have to say I appreciate my PSN and it is very solid. Especially with all the hostility going on with customers becomnig mad at Microsoft due to service errors, I would say PSN is much better.

I personally dont have either. But I mean what sort of features can Live have that are that good that it makes it better than PSN considering that you have to pay for Live?

If I owned an elite.. I wouldn't pay for online.. I would never pay for ANY game to play online monthly... That's one reason why I don't play WoW. :)

yea i been doing the math..80$+ for the wireless adapter for 360 and then another 60$ for the monthly subscription. I dont have a problem but i am going to play the hell out of my PS3 PSN FREE b4 i pay for XBOX live. Plus i need to buy new controllers for my PS3 i have had the same ones over a year and DS3 are coming out.

EDIT***

OOPS I mean the YEARLY subscription...80$ for the camera and 12month subscription pack then another 100$ for the wifi adapter...so basically 200$ plus i need to buy another remote for my Elite. Then 2 more PS3 controllers on top of that...So basically i dont see the XBOX LIVE being worth it anytime soon untill I own some games that will require me to desperately play online.

Sixty dollars MONTHLY??

If thats true, then MS really has become M$....

Personally, I agree with BluestballZ, I would never pay for any game online.

xbox live

I have experienced both networks and I have to say xbox live is better. Psn has one major flaw, if someone sends you a message in a game you will have to quit the game to read and reply to the message. With xbox live u can read and reply to messages with the simple push of the guide button. In my opinion psn is free because it doesn't many great features so why pay for a sorry psn with xbox live the price is well worth it $60 for a full year what a deal

I have experienced both networks and I have to say xbox live is better. Psn has one major flaw, if someone sends you a message in a game you will have to quit the game to read and reply to the message. With xbox live u can read and reply to messages with the simple push of the guide button. In my opinion psn is free because it doesn't many great features so why pay for a sorry psn with xbox live the price is well worth it $60 for a full year what a deal

I don't think you've played PS3 recently. They added an update for about 2 months now, where now, you can just press the PS button, and go through your menus. You can message other players, look at their profiles, and even add characters. So therefore, that flaw is no longer accounted for.

And while you're at it - since it's been so long since you've experienced PSN - you should check out the revamped PSN Store area - it's much better than it used to be (though, admittedly still not better than Live's)

PSN is free and the console doesn't die as quick.
And it is cheaper on every aspect.
Therefore PS3 winz.
END OF!

Someone said beffore that you could download a freegame on xbox live starting on wed. Is this true?

If so do you need gold?
and when does the offer end?

Ps. its £30 a YEAR for live, not a month

I believe that free game was only available for a few days after I mentioned it which was some time ago. It's some spaceship game that I play so rarely that I don't even remember the name.

I prefer xbox live over PSN, I can watch full movies, shows, download games, along with play games online. You can't do that with psn, thats why that, and pc gaming, is free. Theres no extra, just games. With live there is so much more.

Sony gets money from the higher priced system, and Microsoft owns both Windows and Xbox, therefore why not charge for one? It's obviously working

I think that something needs to be said here that i have not seen. PSN and Xbox Live are not the opposite of each other so there is nothing to compare. Playstation Network is comparable with Xbox Live Marketplace, as that is where you download demos, videos, content etc. However, Xbox Live is also what allows you to play games online and communicate with others.....for a price. PS3 online is simply the internet. No servers except the actual games being run. If theres too many people on XBL at once then everything is slow and crappy. If there are too many people playing PS3 online then that means too many people are on the interent at once and i think that situation would be out of Sony's hands.

Personally, i would rather use the internet then Xbox Live Service. I just dont want people to compare XBL with PSN because PSN does not allow for online gaming on the ps3 or psp...the internet does.

iv got xbox 360 elite and it beats the ps3 way morre mabe ps3 graphics abit better but xbox is just better in all other things

No offence or anything, (oxymoron), but I couldn't take someone seriously who types without using a comma, period, or even capatilization.

I love the PSN Interface, now that I have gotten to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back