Xbox One X may be seeing a Day One special edition branded with the Project Scorpio logo

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member

At least one German retailer has posted a listing for a special edition Xbox One X. The German online store MediaMarkt has a page up under its Xbox One consoles category titled “MICROSOFT Xbox One X (1TB) Project Scorpio Edition.” It even posted some pictures of the console which appear to show the Project Scorpio logo printed in green vertically on the controller and the console (below).

MediaMarkt’s description of the console reads, “Be the first to experience the Xbox One X console for the biggest fans - the Project Scorpio Edition in individual design, both the console and the controller are labeled ‘Project Scorpio.’”

Xboxdynasty also reported that German marketplace Saturn.de had a similar listing, but has since removed it.

Having a limited edition Xbox console available at launch would not come as a surprise. There was a “Day One” limited edition of the Xbox One when it was first released. It had "Day One 2013" printed on the controller in a similar fashion to the Project Scorpio logo. Of course, as with all leaks, take it with a grain of salt. Until it is officially announced, we can never be 100% sure.

The Xbox One X is expected to hit store shelves this November, but Microsoft is making an official announcement with an exact release date this Sunday at Gamescom. The company tweeted that it would also have pre-order information at that time. We can expect that pre-orders will go live directly after the announcement.

Permalink to story.

I spent $500 on the Day One edition Xbox and not even 4 years later they are releasing a new one with marginally improved graphics and a 1TB HDD it should have had in the first place?

It literally feels like Sony and Microsoft have made the console itself into "DLC"

I remember when everyone was talking so much smack about all the capabilities of PS4 over Xbox One and how PS4 would be so graphically superior and run 1080p, and 4K visuals and yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now we see the truth.

NEITHER SYSTEM had the power to do 4K native which for most people wasn't a big deal since the average person didn't even have a bigscreen 1080p TV.

Now - 4 years later, 4K is the standard, broadcast TV doesn't support it...my FIOS doesn't even support it.

I have an 80" 4K TV and I swear I can't tell the difference considering where I sit in the room.

So you want me to spend another $500 to get a better version of the system I already have?

Despite the fact I am not happy with the game selection this time around vs. Xbox 360/ PS3 / Wii era game selections?

I think I'll pass.

I can't believe that after they made the mistake of releasing Xbox One without a user replaceable main HDD, they are doing it again.

Xbox One X should have a small OS drive and an empty bay so we can choose our own HDD.

SONY got it right. You can slap a 10TB drive in your PS4 for God'sakes...or SSD.

I can't believe that after they made the mistake of releasing Xbox One without a user replaceable main HDD, they are doing it again.

Xbox One X should have a small OS drive and an empty bay so we can choose our own HDD.

SONY got it right. You can slap a 10TB drive in your PS4 for God'sakes...or SSD.

They prefer you to use a portable hard drive.

I agree with the ability to change or add a second hard drive. But the ps4/xbox one and probably the xbox one x use 2.5" hard drives. And 2tb is the max that they have. Unless you want to spend a small fortune on a 4tb ssd.

Xbox One had a better launch as far as sales than the Xbox 360. Are you saying the 360 flopped?

Ah, I guess I was thinking overall release vs launch only. Sales of the xbox one since launh have been lower than predicted for a looong time. No matter what the xbox division shares as sales facts and predictions, you have to think they are disappointed in the overall market share numbers vs last gen

Unbelievable. Microsoft must really love pissing off its customers, replacing a really cool product name like Scorpio with a confusing, dumb-as-hell name that sounds like a parody. Then again, this is the same company that gave us Windows 8.

Unbelievable. Microsoft must really love pissing off its customers, replacing a really cool product name like Scorpio with a confusing, dumb-as-hell name that sounds like a parody. Then again, this is the same company that gave us Windows 8.

Without Windows 8, there wouldn't be Windows 10 etc... Honestly, I still don't understand why people are so upset about Windows 10. I have it pretty much since its release and I haven't had a single problem that would swing me towards the previous Windows 7.

Maybe, if you have bought an actual LEGAL copy of Windows 10 (which I did), then you wouldn't have so many problems and frustrations regarding this OS.

But then again, who am I to comment on other people problems? Maybe I'm not so hardcore user in a way that I just can't see / notice those flaws in Windows 10 that others seems to have?

Don't know about you people, but for me Windows 10 looks and performs great. And keep in mind, Windows 10 is the current OS that has the biggest amount of support given to it by Microsoft, if you are still clinging on those previous systems, like Windows 7 or god forbid Vista or XP (which was great, but so outdated now), then don't be surprised when you no longer receive an updates.

That's just how it is, life goes on, same with technology progress, you may dislike Windows 10 for whatever reasons you have, but you have to live with it, in order to receive up-to-date content that also will protect you from newest malware that may come out and so on.

Well, I'm gonna be that guy...10 TB 2.5 inch drives do not exist. The largest there is a 5 TB, but it is 15 mm tall so it won't even fit in PS4. The largest drive that would fit is a 2 TB drive due to the number of platters.

Back