Xda pocket pc language change

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxic girl

hello, I have a new issue. I got this mobile phone from my german friend, it's used and on german, ofcourse. now I wonder is it possible to change it to english, I've already tried but I cannot find language setup and how can I do that. I'm beginner and if it requires software change i'll need your help. I forgot to add that it is O2 xdaII mini

I didn't find any settings where you can change the language and I donno if it is possible to do that with the phones software.
you could try to reset the device. press and hold the power on button and at the same time press the reset button with the stylus (see attached pic)
if you need the data try to make a backup first. all data that have not been installed originally will be lost on reset.

you could also ask help & support at http://www.o2.co.uk for an "english firmware" !?

hope this helps you a little
mscrx

Attachments

• xda 2 reset.jpg
    xda 2 reset.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 13
yes it helps, thanks but what will happen when I reset it...i will have to install windows mobile again or what

I donno for sure. the reset manual says it cleans up the memory, deletes all data and restores the original settings. pre-installed programs will stay, later added data and installls will be removed.
for me thats sound like the windows mobile will stay.
usually the devide runs through a setup after a reset. from there you may be able to switch the language.

well, as I said. I have not much experience with pda's but from what I read it should work. maybe somebody else wants to add something...

mscrx

thanks for your help but this is what happened: i did the reset and as you said I came to the beginning but as windows mobile is german it stayed that way so i just had to pass 2 tutorials and adjust touchscreen

I guess your best option would then be to get an english windows mobile and install it (or learn german).
btw on the german o2 website you can download a windows mobile client software. maybe o2 uk offers something like that in english as well?!

i was thinking about downloading english version but the problem is that i'm not o2 member so i can't register. is there any way to get windows mobile on the internet, cuz otrrents just give me v.60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back