Xiaomi Mi 6 Review

Considering it's cheaper than other flagships all around performance looks top notch. One thing I dislike about Chinese phones is their custom UI which usually doesn't have an app drawer and is heavily customized. But the biggest issue of this phone has to be the irredeemable lack of headphone jack. I don't care about fingerprint sensor I want the headphone jack.

I was hoping this new Snapdragon would handedly beat the iPhone 7+ in most categories. They are about even overall so it still makes the Apple's asking price a little silly, but I wanted to see the new Snapdragon crush it.

Isn't this thing supposed to be a PHONE???

How about some discussion of incoming and outgoing sound quality? How about some discussion about frequency of dropped calls compared to other phones? AND how about some discussion about the phone's compatibility with the major US carriers? It is a lot more important to me whether the phone can be used with Verizon than it is to know whether the back is susceptible to finger prints.

This review is like a car review that discusses the upholstery but doesn't mention how well the car accelerates, steers and brakes.

How about some discussion of incoming and outgoing sound quality? How about some discussion about frequency of dropped calls compared to other phones? AND how about some discussion about the phone's compatibility with the major US carriers? It is a lot more important to me whether the phone can be used with Verizon than it is to know whether the back is susceptible to finger prints.

This review is like a car review that discusses the upholstery but doesn't mention how well the car accelerates, steers and brakes.
The sound quality is generally really good on Xiaomi phones (reported as: Noise -94.3dB / Crosstalk -90.9dB). For dropped calls, that's not really something someone can test. It's more of a group effort thing with many hours and many people doing it (unless there's is a glaring issue like when Apple told people they weren't holding the phone correctly :D ).
As for US compatibility, you can just check it yourself as I did:
Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
2G bands:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
4G bands:
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA)
GPRS: Yes
EDGE: Yes

someone is too rude to consider that someone can make good phones with low price. some people just know to criticize. it is very well laid review. he has mentioned what is covered in reviews of smartphones these days. when did you see review of apple about call drops and ****??

if someone wants high end specs and don't want to spend huge. nothing can beat xiaomi. and low cost doesn't mean you are gonna get poor hardware. it is same as you can get it samsung or apple. there will be no difference at all in life of components. as per design is concerned every design has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Hi...great review...can you plz make a review of Xiaomi mi note 3 and comapre it with mi 6? Specially the portrait mode and battery life? TIA :)

I am considering buying this phone I looked hundreds of reviews and deciding between oneplus t5 and this one, and the only reason I am still can't choose is that bloody 3.5 headphone jack, I am curious is anyone can comment is it going to be annoying to use it with adapter? I had redmi note 3, and it is marvellous but now I need premium specs, so I am good with mi phones.

Back