Xmas presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Seeing that this will be a slow day for news (in fact this was declared a long weekend where I live), I thought you may want to spend sometime in the forum and tell us about any computer or tech related presents you got this Christmas... in my case, I got myself a few components for upgrading my machine (all from Newegg BTW): a new 865PE motherboard, 1 gig worth of PC3200 RAM, an Enlight 420w PSU, a couple of SATA HDs (10k RPM Raptor, anyone?) and a better cooling solution for my old but still speedy 2.53GHz P4 which I will keep for a few months still... So, what about you folks?

3.2GHz P4 Extreme (may change)
1gig of corsair XMS RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Asus P4P-800 Deluxe
2 SATA Drives (undecided on type)

Don't plan on upgrading till late January sometime, so as they say, my specs will probably change.

and a better cooling solution for my old but still speedy 2.53GHz P4

I am currently running a P3 500MHz with a screaming radeon 7500 :/

EDIT: Forgot, I did get a TDK DVD burner

Boy did I get everything I wished for. This was definately one of the much better Christmas' I can remember. No one was drunk and trying to choke anyone, family came to visit and we got to give a whole lot to our family this year.

I guess these are all tech related. These were the packaged gifts I got :D

Black & Decker 7 piece 18volt Power Tool set
Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1s (I got these a week early)
Canon EOS Digital Rebel with 18-55mm bundle
JBL Simply Cinema 135 Home Theater 5.1 speaker pack

I really got spoiled this year!

Nothing tech-related received :( , but gave a 256MB Sony Micro Vault USB flash drive :D . The recipient was VERY happy. Planning on upgrading my sys soon and could really use a new vid card. Hey admins, you listening? ;)

I got a Sony DRU510A Dvd Burner and also i'm planning on buying a new monitor 19 or 20 inch viewable crt. Not sure what to get, any recommendations? sub $350.

Nope, nothing PC related here either; several DVDs (Goldeneye, Goldfinger, Equilbrium, X-Men 2 & Hulk) & the Hitchhikers guide to the Universe book.

Nothing PC related, however I did get money....

however thats going to pay off my dirt bike :(

Well I got my wife an MP3 player, and decided to get myself a new camera. I have purchased the new Minolta Dimage Z1. That thing is a beast, I can't wait to get it and start using it. Other than that just the same old stuff (clothes, socks, puzzles, tools, etc.)

Gave my beloveded a Dell Digital Jukebox 20 GB Mp3 player (with 3 year extended + addtional warrnty to cover dropping, spills, etc.)

I got a Logitech Momo Racing force feedback wheel and pedals:grinthumb and a labtec headset for talking in online games.

Originally posted by StormBringer
I got a nice new Phillips DVD Player
got my son a gamecube(really for all of us) and a bunch of games.
I did the same thing for mysel...er... my daughters. They loved it.Mokey ball is turning out to be one of my favorites.

Originally posted by TS | Thomas
Nope, nothing PC related here either; several DVDs (Goldeneye, Goldfinger, Equilbrium, X-Men 2 & Hulk) & the Hitchhikers guide to the Universe book.
Was it the complete jumbo book (Hitchhikers, Resturant,So long.. Ect) or merely theone book? If it was all four (the trilogy?) you are in for a good time. If not you may want to pick them up and also Dirk gently's holistic detective agency and the long dark tea time of the soul. Same author. All very good reads.

I got a new graphics card! FINALLY!
Ive now got a shiney FX 5700 Ultra - tripled my mark03 score over my old Ge3Ti200
Also got an Enermax Power Supply and a Coolermaster Aerogate 1 and the cash to buy a 2500+ then overclock the hell out of it :D
Not a bad Christmas all in all

Steg

didn't get anything cool yet (got gift cards, so i'll be heading out today).
i did get my girl a gameboy advanced SP with 2 games and an accessory pack. she loves it. the quality difference b/w it and the old gameboy she has it amazing. the games are fun, colorful, and have a long play life. the games are usually under $30 too which is nice. all in a great purchase, and one i'll get to enjoy too every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back