XNA Direct 3D device

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the XNA 3D program for creating video games but everytime I try to create a 3D graphic it show the next messenge!
"Could not find a Direct3D device that has a Direct3D9-level driver and supports pixel shader 1.1 or greater." i think, i already have the direct3D driver that comes with the motherboard, but i am not sure if the device is the problem or i need to install another program Thanks
Socrates07

I suspect this is more to do with the graphics card you are using and/or the drivers you have installed.
1st check the hardware requirements for the program and match those against your graphics card, then check you have the right drivers by going to the makers website and getting the latest set.

Would you mind giving us the specs of your computer?
As AlbertLionheart says, the most likely cause of the problem is that your computer doesn't support the minimum requirements for XNA. In this case it means a Radeon 8500 or higher or Geforce3 or higher.
Most likely you have an intel integrated graphics card which doesn't support pixel shading, meaning you'll need to upgrade it before you can use XNA.
(Or you could get it to work on an XBOX 360, though that adds in another layer of complexity compared to getting it to work on a PC, and it's harder to deploy)

thanks for reply

i found out it was the video card because this is a compaq presario sv5000. it comes with video card but the videocard doesnt support XNA 3D device. well thanks anyway
Sincerely Socrates07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back