XP Home DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xD1 Error Pls Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

I recently built a new system that has, until now, worked perfectly. Specs are:

XP Home SP-2
Asrock Dual SATA2 MB
AMD X2 4400+ Socket 939
2gb PQI PC3200 RAM
Seagate SATA II 250gb HD
Asus 7900GTX PCI-E Video Card
Nfce EZ Cool 600w Power Supply
Pioneer DVD RW 109
Arctic Cooler Freezer 64 CPU Cooler
No sound Card - using onboard Realtek sound chip

In the last few days I am randomly getting the BSOD 0XD1, driver_not_less_or_equal error.

All drivers are up to date and I haven't recently changed anything that would trigger this error. I have tried all manner of alleged fixes but still get the error. I read that the majority were related to USB problems, so I reduced my USB devices down to 1 (mouse) and changed USB slots but still get the error. I have reinstalled video drivers, including using Driver Cleaner Pro to delete old ones under Safe Mode.

I ran Memtest overnight (11 passes) but there are no errors listed with the RAM.

All of the MS KB articles dealing with 0xD1 don't seem to apply to my rig - they appear to be specific to certain hardware or advise to upgrade to the latest service pack or don't relate to my situation (eg 'when you start or shutdown your XP based computer'...)

If anyone has any ideas, I would be most grateful. I can post the minidump if it will help.

Jack

If you post a few of your lats minidumps that may offer a clearer picture of whats causing the stops.

Minidumps

Here is the last Minidump.

According to Windows Debugger, it is Ntkrpamp.exe that has probably caused the crash.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jack

Attachments

• Mini091106-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 9
Stopped BSODs

After reading a few other posts last night I moved my USB keyboard and mouse from a PCI expansion USB hub to a USB port on the MB.

I then deleted all USB related items from Device Manager and rebooted.

Windows reinstalled all the USB related items without problem.

I also deleted my page file following the instructions from the sticky on the first page of this forum.

For the rest of the night (5 hours of use) and this morning I had no errors or BSOD's.

Hopefully one of these things fixed it. I'll update if the errors return.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back