XP Office Word

Status
Not open for further replies.
The setting for the FONT, some how has been changed. The result is, wheneven I open new document in WORD the text does not look good. Earlier, the default setting for 'FONT' was such that the text used to look nice. Now , I can't get the same type font. How do I re-change the setting like before ?

Repair Office, from Add/Remove programs Microsoft Office Xp (pretty sure it has that)
You'll probably need your Office Cd (and key, just in case it asks)

kimsland said:
Repair Office, from Add/Remove programs Microsoft Office Xp (pretty sure it has that)
You'll probably need your Office Cd (and key, just in case it asks)

It is not getting repaired inspite of repeated effort.

Go into your FONT folder located in C:\Windows\FONT you can check to see what's going on with the fonts choose the font that is giving you trouble and double click on the name of the font.

You can turn on the printer and see what it looks like printed when you press print.

Remember to check for office updates for word, and you might have run the CD again to repair office. If it doesn't work then uninstall office. Download CCleaner run that for junk and registry files. Reboot the PC Login back and install office again but this time with all the updates for it.

You should be okay... If not then look into 2003 or 2007 office.

Locate Normal.dot and rename it.
  • Start-->Search
  • Maximize the Search box
  • “All files and folders”
  • type in: Normal.dot in the field labeled, "All or part of the file name:"
  • click on the drop-down menu arrow next to, “Look in”
  • Select "Local Disk (C: )
  • click on the drop-down menu arrow next to, “More advanced options”
  • check the box next to, “Search hidden files and folders”
  • Select Search
For each occurrence of Normal.dot that appears, right-click the file and select, "Rename" from the drop down list. Rename the file to "oldNormal.dot"

Restart Word. Microsoft Word will now launch, and after not finding its previous default template file, it will build a fresh one on its own.

Did that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back