Xp Pro Stop Error 0x24

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was installing WoW the other day, my computer spontaneously rebooted, which it does from time to time. This never really bothers me, and is probably due to a cooling issue with my gfx card, but this time it was different.

It booted up normally once more, then crashed again. Since then, I have not been able to get past the blue screen detailing an error:

0x00000024 (0x00190203 0x872d4248 0x0000102 0x00000000)

I have tried installing xp pro again over the current installation, and I have tried to use the Recovery Console, but each time I try, it gets stuck at "Examining...(what I assume to be my hd)", and will sit there till I restart it. My friend told me that this process can take a long time, but the hd doesn't seem to be spinning and it looks like it has frozen.

I can't even get past the blue screen to get into windows and try to run chkdsk, so any help would be immensely appreciated.

Bad Hard Drive

I have run into this issue several times in the past, and I have to say, it usually turns out to be a failing hard drive. Especially if your system is constantly restarting. I would recommend getting a new hard drive, disconnecting your old drive, and installing the new drive. Try installing windows to the new drive and see if you still run into this issue. Also, pay attention to whether the restarting issue clears up. After installing the new drivers, run some stress tests on the hard drive to see how it goes. You may still be able to connect the original drive as a slave to get any data off, but your apps will need to be re-installed.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back