XP startup mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

formetopoopon90

Hello :giddy: . I was woundering, does anyone know how to change the way your computer starts up? For example, i know how to disable seeing the little windows loading screen, but can you change it to where you can make its "loading stage" different, such as creating your own little loading screen? Maby there is a software for this? Has anyone does this before? thanks :grinthumb

There are start-up skins and stuff like that but I really don't think you should be messing with them. If you ever get into any trouble with windows you'll have a real nightmare trying to sort things out. :(

And no matter what other stuff you might do I strongly recommend against disabling the startup screen!!!

If you do that you will not see any of the messages that windows displays before loading sometimes... So if it will be running a routine chkdsk or resizing a partition you will stare at a black screen (perhaps even for hours) and wonder what the heck is wrong with your computer. :rolleyes: You'll never get a chance to see that little message telling you to press any key to continue or whatever else it might be. :darth: Most likely, after getting bored and fed up waiting you'll wanna press the silly power button thinking everything will go back to normal afterwards. And if you listen to that little devil all your data will most likely go pfff :hotouch: Just like that. :grinthumb

Use something like Style XP. ON changing the boot screen, it adds an option to the bood menu to select the original if required. Unless you are talking about the welcome screen - that's something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back