XP/Vista Network Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a desktop running windows xp home edition and a laptop running windows vista home premium. I was wanting to network these 2 computers so I can play lan games.

My network map at the moment is:
XP Desktop connected connected via ethernet cable to wireless router/modem.
Vista laptop connected to the internet wirelessly from the wireless router/modem.
I can play the lan games by plugging a ethernet cable from the wireless router/modem to my vista laptop but i wanted have this same connection wireless so i don't have cords running through the house.

I was wondering if someone could give step by step instructions on how to do this.
i have tried to follow some other guides and tutorials but they don't seem to work for me.
Ask for more information if you need to.
Could someone please help!!!!:confused:

I worked out how to play the lan games wirelessly but now i wanted to have file and printer sharing.
This is my vista network map:

But when I look in Network (start menu>network) I can only see this:

should the fernandez-pc(windows xp) be in there aswell?
I have them both on the same workgroup.
please help

However, it could also be that you have not enabled your network settings properly on the Vista laptop. Open the Network and Sharing Center and make sure that Network Discovery is turned on. If you want to share files between the computers, make sure that File Sharing is also turned on.

However, it could also be that you have not enabled your network settings properly on the Vista laptop. Open the Network and Sharing Center and make sure that Network Discovery is turned on. If you want to share files between the computers, make sure that File Sharing is also turned on.

I have all the options on in the network and sharing center except password protected sharing.
Never mind I'm sure i will survive without File and Printer Sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back