Yep, another Dropper virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

There was I innocently using the usual Windws?/IE? installer to download a programme from a website, & immediately I clicked on "yes" to continue, I got "Trojan Horse Dropper Delf,3.0" [*does anyone know of this particular Trojan? & it's level of disruption?] & was advised to run AVG,which I did, it detected it, but couldn't get into the file, & therefore couldn't put the virus in the vault, accessing info on the AVG test result, it said "still infected, still on the drive" & refers to, "C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.LOG"
I have the the file details; C:\TEMP\Installer2.exe, if I do a search, for this, & it is found, do I risk more problems?
It' getting beyond the limit when you can't use a "common or garden" Installer, how does the virus get in there???

In despair, [again]
Maurice

First of all you should delete all cookies and temporary files.

You can do this by right clicking on IE then selecting delete cookies.
Then select delete files and make sure you tick the box that says delete offline content.

Once you have done this run Spybot search and destroy followed by adaware make sure you update them first.

After you have done this run your Avg again and delete whatever it finds.

If after doing this it`s gone then Might I suggest you download and install Firefox it`s much better than IE.

If you require further help then please post back.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Thanks Howard, but any of you guys know why the regular installer got to be the carrier of viruses?, silly thing to ask, but isn't anything safe anymore??

Maurice. :confused:

It would appear not Maurice that`s why I don`t us Internet Explorer except for Windows updates.

Regards Howard
Wizard.gif

No comments from ANY of you guys out there?? on these posts, there's usually a slew of you with observations on all matters!!

Maurice

I would suggest booting into safe mode and running AVG to get rid of it. This way it shouldn't be a process running, or have access violatoins when trying to get rid of it. I would also do as howard suggested and get rid of temp files and redownload that installer. Just be careful that it is really the installer you are trying to save, I know on some bad website they ask if you want to save a trojan that looks like what you are trying to download. Once you hit no, the actual download comes up. Just be cautious.

Thanks Guys.
Howard, I d/loaded Get Smile, looks great!, not yet sure yet, how to import it to TS., can't wait to use the smilies on e-mails, is that easy? [must be getting old!!]
Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, had an accident, & spent the last two days in hospital.

Regards
Maurice

Maurice said:
Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, had an accident, & spent the last two days in hospital.

Regards
Maurice

I hope it wasn't too serious. It always sucks to hear about people who are involved in seriuos accidents. Best regards.

Hiya Maurice.

I`m sorry to hear you`ve been in hospital, Hope you`re ok mate.

In order to import a smilie here just make sure that the message board type is set to img.

Then find the smilie you want and drag it into your post.

Regards and best wishes Howard :grinthumb

howard_hopkinso said:
Hiya Maurice.

I`m sorry to hear you`ve been in hospital, Hope you`re ok mate.

In order to import a smilie here just make sure that the message board type is set to img.

Then find the smilie you want and drag it into your post.

Regards and best wishes Howard :grinthumb
Thanks for concern, guys, it's at times like this thatTS seems more like a circle of friends.
I fell heavily while in town while hurrying for an appointment, & hit the pavement with my face,....silly thing to do, although in my 70's, I'm not a "shuffler", I can move when I have to, but the pavements in the old market town are not good, & I went "flying",....bruised rib, cuts & abrasions on my face, black eye etc, they thought I'd been mugged!!
Howard, thanks, for the info about the smilies, still not sure how to place them in e-mails though, is it the same procedure, can you help?

Maurice

Yes Maurice exactly the same except you will have to change the message board type to html.

Hope you`re soon feeling better Regards Howard :grinthumb

Thanks for the info & the good wishes, you're a friend, Howard, As you see, I haven't bought "Get Smile",......... perhaps later, the word "demo" is irritating! :hotbounce

Maurice
clap2.gif

Howard, when I booted up this morning, I got "Unable to open Get Smile due to low system requirements",[or it could have been "resources"] & I've lost their icon in the tray, next to the clock**. The desktop icon is still there.
**While on the tray, there's an icon there that says "Safely remove hardware" what's that in aid of?
Wos goin' on??, as they say in Eastenders, any ideas?

I'm feeling a little better, the face is healing, just the black eye left really, the ribs still hurt though, if it doesn't improve by Wednesday, I'll go back & see them.

Cheers mate,
Maurice :confused:

Hiya Maurice.

Try restarting your computer.

See if that helps.

I know you`ve only got 256 meg of ram and depending what else is running on your computer that may be the problem

I can now access the Smilies, but through the desktop icon, that'll do, the tray icon appears then, but disappears when I shut down, & doesn't re-appear on the next boot-up.
No disrespect to you, Howard, but any members got any ideas?,I've never had this happen to a d/loaded programme before, see my last post here

Maurice

It's OK, Howard, "Get Smile" is back to normal, dunno what that glitch was, by the way, if you r/click on the tray icon, there are several things you can do, I've changed the icon colour to bright green, woweeeee!! ....er, well, I can see it better, that's my excuse anyway!
In your opinion, is it worth the money to buy it, bearing in mind, that if the PC crashes, I've lost about £10.....mean, aren't I? & don't suggest back-up, I still can't bring myself to do that, knowing me, it'd all go wrong, & I'd wind up worse than before, Ive always worried about doing things like that, & in my present state, excluding the accident, I just don't want to go there! [you'll get old yourself, one day!]
Is that a photo of you with a barn owl on your lap, do you run a sanctuary?, we still get quite a few over on the island, in spite of their dwindling numbers, & of course, we have one of the few colonies of red squirrels,. as you will know, they are in some trees, 50 yards from my front window!, send me a PM, if you want to talk about the wild life, [we might get a rap over the knuckles, if we natter here too much!]

Maurice :eek: :eek:

Hiya Maurice.

I`ve got the full version of getsmilie and it`s pretty good.

If you buy it you can save it to cd before you install it then if anything happens you`ve still got it.

Yes it is a barn owl it belongs to a friend of mine it`s called bart(as in bartowel)
ha ha.

Ps I agree about this thread time we closed it eh? If you want to contact me please feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back