Yes! :D

meowbark

I doubt anyone here knows me, being I rarely visit the forum [Almost signed up a new account until it said my email was already being in use!}

But anyway, I'm probably one of the younger forum members. About to get into High School... I applied to a school for I.T. so I could go on and try for one of the bigger colleges like MIT!

I got accepted! I'm going to go to High School for I.T. then onto College! I'm so happy!

Though I was wondering, is there anything I should know that will give me a easier time in High School? I already know some stuff about Windows, nothing about Mac [Never used one]

I went to high school so long ago that PCs weren't even invented yet.

All I want to be is the Class Clown........

Well, I have 4 PCs, so I'm not serious. I don't think that's anywhere near harsh enough to register as true sarcasm, so let's call it "comedic interjection".

Well, I have 4 PCs, so I'm not serious. I don't think that's strong enough to register as real sarcasm, so let's call it "comedic interjection".

'Mkay... I only have one. Replacing Hard drive, graphics card, and getting more RAM for it within the next month.

Congratulations on your acceptance into the school that you wanted to get into. It is pretty amazing that someone your age has already decided on a major in college. My only suggestion is to constantly look for ways to learn more. It might be in clubs, other group activities, etc. And keep in mind that a well-rounded worker (in any job) needs to know how to write and speak effectively, so don't ignore the English class and other such courses. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

It is pretty amazing that someone your age has already decided on a major in college.

I'm just a grade above meowbark, and I've pretty much decided what I'm going to do in college - mechanical engineering. Actually, I would probably have said the same thing a few years ago. Building stuff takes up probably 50% of my time that I'm not sleeping or doing school stuff. The rest is divided between computers and soccer. I actually just had a conversation with my dad about his; he thinks I do software stuff, because hardware is "Neanderthalish." :rolleyes:

Congratulations :D

I got accepted into a Technical High School but decided not to go >.>

Although, when I was your age I was set on Architecture...I loved it (and still do), and then I switched interests Sophomore year to Computer Science until Senior year and now I'm doing Psychology with Pre-med xD . So please realize that you interests might change; you never know :) .

Thing is, I at least know I'm entering college with an interest that I have had all of my life; don't just do something because you are good at it. I have a specific talent with learning programming languages, although I switched because, while I'm good at it, it's not my number one interest.

But besides that, good for you :) .

There weren't really personal computers when I was in high school either, even our school records were kept by hand, but I know that in some of the technical schools you build your own computer and then use that the rest of the year. I would say basic electrical plus any Windows, OS, and hardware knowledge would be good to have going in, but I'd really want to investigate my specific school as to curricula and pre-existing knowledge base requirements. Make a trip and talk with some of your first-year teachers, then see if the school has any written or online guidelines. EDIT: Come to think of it, do those reversed. That way if there are guidelines, you'll look smarter when you talk to the teachers.

Congratulations on your proactive career path and its success instead of drifting through life as do so many people. My other advice would be to sample as many different fields as possible as quickly as possible, to make sure what you most like to do.

Back