Yet Another Computer Restart Problem [Minidump]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam_Master_K

So ZoneAlarm had been causing my computer to restart regularly for no apparent reason, so i decided to cut my losses and get rid of it. In doing this i thought i had cured my pc of its problem, as it didn't restart of its own accord for over a week.

But then it just decided to do it again there 20 minutes ago. I'm so dissapointed.

I have enclosed a the minidump, and i would be delighted if one of you could have a quick glance at it and see if you can pinpoint what is causing it.

Thanks in advance if you can.

Hello friend, my pc has much of the same trouble with outpost firewall, My experiences had my pc randomly rebooting, and I too removed the firewall, however I believe something was left behind ( a driver )

I did a fresh install of the o.s. and I experienced NO crashes for a whole week, however I just had a minidump crash.

at the time of the mindump crash i noticed when i did my fresh install I failed to install a device driver for 'system interrupt controller' - however it is unclear wether this was the reason for the latest crash OR it was bad ram

for you, if you had never experienced a system crash before installing the firewall I would definatley suspect the firewall causing the troubles, even though you have uninstalled it something likely is left behind.

Please wait for the good guys here to reply, my only purpose is to reasure you are not the only ones with troubles : )

you can always try a restore, or driver magician, or simply clean install the o.s.

Jam_Master_K:

Your minidump crashes with your Comodo firewall.

Uninstall it and try the free Kerio firewall instead. I also suggest you check your system for viruses etc, just in case.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back