Yet another Medieval 2 problem, sorry guys but I'd appreciate some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I know it's a bit of an old game now but I still enjoy playing it and my laptop doesn't exactly have top of the range graphics!

I hadn't played M2TW in a while but I've been trying to play it over the last few days as I've been in the mood for it. However, it won't load up for some reason - I get the black screen and the timer cursor, then it just minimises to desktop. If I click the thing on the taskbar to get it back up the same thing just happens again. Sometimes it gives me an error message saying it didn't work because I've got my graphics settings too high.

I don't believe that this is really the problem because it ran fine before, and even if my graphics settings were too high I couldn't change them without getting into the game first to do it.

My graphics card driver is up to date so I don't think that's the problem either.

Any ideas?

It did, however I tried uninstalling it again (along with the Kingdoms expansion) and this time it seems to work OK. I did get a couple of error messages about my graphics settings so I guessed (based on my rudimentary computer knowledge) that closing some other programmes might help, so I shut down the iPlayer download thing and skype and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back