Your Uninstaller 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

KathyJ

Has anyone downloaded the trial version of Your Uninstaller 2008? I have been using Your Uninstaller 2006 and Revo Uninstaller. I wanted to try the new version of Your Uninstaller but when I installed it and tried to use it, I get the message "Your trial has expired. You have used this version for 24 days......" and I haven't used it the first time. I had checked on their support site but couldn't find any help. I have uninstalled my 2006 version, cleared the registry of all entries referring to this program, and then uninstalled 2008, cleared the registry of all entries referring to it and rebooted, reinstalled 2008 and still can't "try" it without getting this same message. When I downloaded this version, I didn't see anything about having to use a key # to try it out. Does anyone have a clue or what besides Revo Uninstaller is a good uninstall program? This used to be a good one. I just wanted to try it but now I'm wondering if this is just a sample of how the actual program operates. Thanks for your time.

When you purchase a software program, you are given an key or license# to activate the product. When you use a trial, then decide on purchase, you get the information at that time.

I use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. It's a small program you download to your desktop and run from there.

Just a note on uninstalling:

• [First], check the program itself. If it has it's own uninstaller, use that.
    [Second], if there is no uninstalled, uninstall in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
    [Third], Most left-over files can be deleted using Windows Explorer:
    Right click on Start> Explore> Programs> right click on the program folder> Delete.
    [Fourth] For pesky files that won't delete, use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

The link is the blue letters.

Bobbye, I have installed so many trial versions over the years but have never had this much trouble in doing so. I have installed, uninstalled more times than I can remember with this program and none of it made any difference. This site never mentioned having to put in a key number to use the trial version. If it did I have overlooked it many times because I have gone back and downloaded it again and again in hopes it could be a corrupted download but again that made no difference. If there were files that would not delete, I couldn't find them using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. I have decided that if a trial version is going to give this much headache, I will just forget it completely. It isn't worth it. I'll continue using my old version and Revo Uninstaller. Thanks for your time.

Okay, I checked their site and this is my impression:

They offer a 'Free Fix' button- but don't say what or how much you get to fix.

But they do say: "100% Satisfaction, Try It For Full 21 Days Or Get Your Money Back GUARANTEE!"

This appears to indicate that you buy, you try it and if you decide not to keep it within the 21 days, you get a refund.

I read this as there is no charge for downloading> something that misleads a lot of people. But the program itself costs. So after the download, you must have gotten an email with a number in it. The number had to be input at the time you ran it.

No free trial here. You can't get your money back if you haven't paid it!

I'm not aware of a software program that required a key number.

Has anyone downloaded the trial version of Your Uninstaller 2008? I have been using Your Uninstaller 2006 and Revo Uninstaller. I wanted to try the new version of Your Uninstaller but when I installed it and tried to use it, I get the message "Your trial has expired. You have used this version for 24 days......" and I haven't used it the first time.
You might try checking in C:/ documents and settings > application data > and every user, to see if there are any related files in that folder. Software houses hide the trial data time out files really well, as you might expect. Also delete the empty program folder, that could help also

The Captain caught something I missed:
"Your trial has expired. You have used this version for 24 days......" and I haven't used it the first time.

It doesn't matter if you used it- they start counting the day you download it!

I don't know how you use trials, but many of us download a trial when we need it. To download and just have it sit unused defeats the purpose.

I have encountered software that only gives you one free trial period regardless of which version you originally "tried". DVD Fab comes to mind from version 5 on. Also Adobe Photoshop Elements refused a second trial period from version 3 to version 4.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have checked my Documents & Settings folders & sub-folders but didn't find anything there either. If it's there, I don't recognize it. I installed this "trial" version immediately after I had downloaded it the first time and started "trying" to use it then. I started getting that error message immediately so I'm afraid that wasn't the problem but I wish it had been that simple. I have tried programs before that they had to email you a key number before you could even try it. They call this number a "trial" version number and if you purchase it, then you would put in your key number. I just give them my email address that I have only for times that require an email address before you can use their product and etc. But as I understand, this site didn't require any of this. If Bobbye is right in having to pay for it before you can try it, I'm defiantly going to forget it! Thanks everyone anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back