Zone alarm keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemouse

Hi,

I am running windows XP sp2 and the zone alarm security suite.

For some reason recently, my zone alarm "True Vector Service" keeps crashing, and I have no idea why. It may be related to BT, since it is running 24/7, but i dont know what has changed.

Any ideas?

Cheers :)

You could try reinstalling it. Also check for any updates.

If that doesn`t help, then try using some differnt security software as Zonealarm is known to be problematic on some systems.

Regards Howard :)

Yea, it was working fine until a few days ago, even though I didnt change it...

I know i could use a new firewall, but i rather like Zone Alarm for it, which is why I was posting here in the first place :)

What could be corrupted? Apparently this just happens some times, and then goes away, because its happened before too. I am trying to figure out WHY it is crashing, so I can stop whatever is crashing it.

Cheers

I don`t know why it`s crashing. Are you running the latest version? Uninstalling and reinstalling may help. Maybe contact Zonelabs and see if they can explain what`s happening and maybe suggest a fix.

I run Zonealarm free myself and have never had any problems. However I know several other people who`ve had terrible problems with it, go figure.

Regards Howard :)

Yea, it seems rather random to me :)

I am using the latest version, so maybe I will just wait a while more and see if anything changes.

Cheers

Do You have avast! Or any other antivir running?
Avast sometimes can make ZoneAlarm Crash.

same here
TrueVectorService is craching every 3-4 hours or even often at my home comp.
using Zone Alarm free edition, after a 1 week of crashing i move to pro in trial period - same
im start to think that the problem is BitComet, which is non stop running and get a huge traffic - both programs get about 50-70% of cpu ( CELERON-D 331/2.66/LGA775; 2gb ram/2x 250 seagate SATA in raid0) - normal i think
When TVS crash it restart it self but sometimes it not and ZA just cut the connection and the pc need restarting(or shut down ZA and starti it again)
Also i noticed that i get a huge amount of attacks - about 6-7k for a week - which was blocked from ZA
NOD32 is in charge of av protection and all progs are up to date, SS&D is ruining every day, in every restart Trojan Remover scan the system
im getting a bit frustrated :-/

finally the problem is solved
there was 3 trojans :evil:
thanks goes to AVg AntySpayware and Howard :wave:

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back