Zone Alarm, or Sunbelt Kerio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekaonija

Well thanks to this web, my comp has been alot better, but now with all the virus scans, firewalls and what not its slowing it down. I'm just gonna ask acouple questions:

For a firewall what would be safer and/or run faster: Zone Alarm's firewall, or Sunbelt Kerio's firewall?
...and if im not useing my web browser, can I turn off my firewall and still be safe?

Same thing for ewido, and Avg, should I leave them on, or can i turn them off when im just working with programs I have.

Oh, and just for another cheakup I guess I might as well post my hjt log :D

Mekaonija said:
...and if im not useing my web browser, can I turn off my firewall and still be safe?
As long as you are connected to the Internet, you need a firewall. If you want to deactivate the firewall, disconnect from the Internet & then turn it off.

ZoneAlarm FireWall is the best one I haves used plus it's free too. Dunno how Sunbelt Kerio compares to it though.

Zone Alarm is perfectly adequate for most people.Kerio has many more advanced features,

but if you use them all,it will slow your computer.I personlly find it more intrusive than Zone Alarm

and a bit of a pain.Try it, and see if you can get on with it.You might like playing with it.

Anti-virus should be running,whenever your computer is on.

There are some people who don`t run real-time AV,but you have to be

very clued up on security to get away with that.

As for Ewido,you don`t really need that to run in real-time,if your sensible about security.

Your HJT looks squeaky clean to me :)

Just to confirm what Peddant said, your HJT log is indeed clean.

The rest of the advice given to you by the guys, is absolutely correct.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back